Once again, it’s Service Thursday and time for a new challenge! Last week’s challenge was a bit of a … well, challenge … for me. And, as I shared on Facebook, it was not exactly a rousing success. But hey, it’s the thought that counts, “gushy” or not! So a this week’s challenge is going to be short and sweet: write a note for someone you love.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
* I love this post from Pennies of Time – wrote notes on a mirror for your kids (or your spouse) to find.
* Stick an encouraging note in a lunchbox, backpack, or briefcase.
* Write a note and mail it. As silly as it sounds, you could even mail a letter to someone who lives in your house! (Or even just hide a note in the mailbox and then send your kids outside to check the mail.) Because if your kids are anything like mine, they LOVE getting mail!
* Pop a note into a pocket, on a windshield, on the fridge … anywhere! Before a business trip, my husband once left notes taped around the house for me to find throughout the week. For example, taped on the milk was “You’re a great mom!” Taped on the vacuum was “Thank you for taking care of our home!” Those notes absolutely made my week. In return, I wrote a tiny note, folded it up, and tucked it into his tube of deodorant. When he got ready the next morning, he opened his deodorant and a love note fell out. I like to think that he walked into his meetings that day with his head held high, knowing that he was loved and appreciated.
* Leave a note for a stranger to find. Stick a “You’re a great parent” note on a pack of diapers in the grocery store. Put a “You look great today” note on a mirror in a public restroom. You can even combine this with another challenge, like the Dollar Challenge or the Quarter Challenge.
There are a few ideas to get you started. Who are you going to write a note to this week?