Happy Service Thursday! I’m so excited to introduce our newest service challenge. For those of you who have been around for a few months, you might remember our service ghost. I LOVED that challenge, and it was so wonderful to get to hear back from a few people who were recipients of the service ghost in different areas. So in honor of Valentine’s day …
This week is the “Feel The Love Challenge”. Do something nice for someone. Leave behind a note challenging them to pay it forward. That’s it! (And I’ve even made the note for you!)
Here are a few ideas for you:
* Print off our note (or make your own) and start it going around your house! When you do something extra nice for a family member, leave behind a “Feel The Love?” note. Then it’s their turn to serve someone else!
* Get some ideas from the Quarter Challenge and the Dollar Challenge – leave coins (or dollar bills) around town with a note attached to it. Quarters are great to leave in candy machines, taped on vending machines, at Laundromats, and at car washes. Dollar bills are fantastic to hide at a dollar store, by the treats at the cash register, or … well, anywhere that a kid might find it!
*The next time you’re grabbing fast food or crossing a bridge/driving on a toll road, pay for the car behind you. Leave a note with the cashier and ask them to pass it along.
* Start a movement in your neighborhood! Print off a few of these tags and leave a treat or small gift on your neighbor’s doorstep. You could also do this at work or at school (for a friend or for a total stranger).
* If your budget is very tight right now, you can still participate! Think of something you can do that’s free – shoveling someone’s snowy walkway, leaving an encouraging note on a mirror in a public place, leaving coupons behind for someone else to find, sending someone an anonymous card, or whatever you can think of!
* Just do a google search for Random Acts of Kindness. There are SO many fantastic ideas out there. You can even find ideas on Pinterest – I have several on my Let’s Serve board, and there are many, many more ideas out there. Find something that resonates with you and start a movement in your community!
If you’d like to print some notes, you can do so here (Feel The Love – full page) or here (Feel The Love – 9 per page). If every one of us did just a few acts of kindness for a stranger this week, just think of all the sunshine we could spread! And if they decided to pay it forward … Well, that would just be amazing.
So let’s get out there and spread kindness!